When going for an electric bicycle, you should focus on the overall performance. In recent years, many products have flooded the market which makes it difficult to decide on the best product for your specific needs. So here we have reviewed one of our favorite fat tire electric bikes for you!
Over the past few years, ECOTRIC has produced some of the best electric mountain bikes of the century. This season they just got better after they released one of their latest productions, the ECOTRIC Fat Tire Electric Bicycle, which is nothing less than its predecessors.
One advantage of this fat tire electric bike, over other e-bikes is its ability to adapt to different surfaces: this makes it suitable for a range of activities.
The ECOTRIC fat tire E-bike is a sturdy bike with handy features and impressive performance which make it a good option for various needs, sporting or for fun. It is also an all-weather bicycle, that is perfect for any terrain. It can comfortably glide over sand, snow, gravel, stones, and even grass. The following ECOTRIC Fat Tire Electric Bicycle review highlights some of the reasons why this is the best value electric bike for your money.
Features of the ECOTRIC Fat Tire Electric Bicycle.
- The ECOTRIC fat tire beach and snow E-bike is powered by a 500W motor with a seven gear system that can make up to 300 revolutions in a minute. It uses a Shimano 7 speed transmission system which is an advanced system of speed transmission with a half twist throttle. These powerful features enable it to reach speeds of up to 23 MPH which is very impressive compared to some of its competitors at the same price.
- It has a 26″ sturdy frame made up of aluminum alloy. The frame has 26″ anti-skidding fat tires 4.0 inches wide. These tires are designed to adapt to different terrains like sand, snow and complex topography. Combining these features plus the bike’s power, enable it to support up to 260 pounds – great for all weights. You will never have a problem with its strength or agility!
- It has three riding modes. You can change the way you want to cycle by switching between the three riding modes which are; the walk assist mode, the pedal assist mode which engages the motor as you pedal and the hybrid mode which is purely electric. You will be in full control whenever you feel like cycling while relaxing.
- The ECOTRIC Fat tire E-bike has a front and rear braking system with both outage braking and mechanical braking systems which work together along both lines. This feature provides maximum rider security by making use of accurate, precise, and smooth braking.
- It has a removable and rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 36 V and 12 AH. The battery comes with a portable smart charger that you can use anytime at your convenience. You should charge the battery for about 5 hours for a full charge. At full charge, the battery can power the bike to speeds of around 20 MPH for at least 25 miles. A full charge can support you throughout the day.
- It features an S900 LCD panel which you can use to monitor your speed, the gear cycle, the set speed limit, and the battery power. This feature will not only help you to monitor your statistics but also program your ride and tailor it according to your preferences.
- It has fat durable tires which ensure stability and balance even at very high speeds. These tires can withstand strong driving force and a lot of shock which will make your ride smooth. They are resistant to wear, so you will use them for an extended period of time.
Pros of the ECOTRIC E-Bike.
- multiple riding modes – i.e. Hybrid, Pedal assist and walk assist modes.
- user-friendly LCD panel for display.
- sturdy and durable frame with a self-locking safety hook for security.
- advanced speed transmission system.
- Long battery life and a relatively short charging time.
Cons of the ECOTRIC Electric E-bike.
- It has a control system that is less advanced compared to some of its competitors at the same price, but this does not affect its usability.
- doesn’t ride well on ice surfaces.
Some of the FAQ’S asked by customers include:
1.) Can you buy extra batteries/swipe batteries?
Yes, you can. If you want extra batteries, you should contact the customer care services for information on how to acquire them.
2.) How long will the battery last before you have to replace it?
The cell has a life span of about 400 to 600 cycles. You should charge the battery only when it is low. If you want your battery to serve you for a long time, you should maintain it as per the instructions on the user manual.
3.) Does the bike have front and rear suspensions?
No, not on this model.
4.) Where can you find spare parts when you need replacements?
For spare parts, you have to contact customer care services directly. You can find the customer care service number on the user manual that comes with the package or their website. If you can not reach customer care, you can seek help through your nearest local bike shop.
If you are looking for a heavy duty mountain bike that you can ride both on-road and off-road, ECOTRIC Fat tire beach and snow electric bike is perfect for you! In our opinion, it is the best value electric bike from ECOTRIC company. Its agility on different terrain and different modes of riding make it an excellent pick for anyone. To top that, it is very affordable. The ECOTRIC Electric Bicycle is definitely one of the best fat tire electric bikes of 2019.